Singapore Employment Pass
Work with your company in this fast-paced city with an EP. Entrepreneurs who wish to stay and work for their company in Singapore may apply for the Employment Pass, subject to MOM’s discretion. An Employment Pass is the most commonly used work visa by foreign professionals working in managerial, executive or specialized jobs. Based on the statistics of previous years, there were 175,400 EP holders in 2011, 173,800 in 2012 and 175,100 in 2013 (6). It is a relatively simple visa to get and allows a great deal of flexibility for those who wish to work and live in vibrant Singapore.
To learn more about the eligibility criteria for gaining an Employment Pass in Singapore, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team by calling (65) 6222 8880 or by using the online inquiry form. Helen Campos is wholly dedicated to supporting Singapore’s corporate community with an extensive range of services and industry expertise.
Types of Singapore employment pass:
- Employment Pass
- Foreign professionals, managers, and executives.
- Candidates need to earn at least $3,600 a month and have acceptable qualifications.
- For foreign entrepreneurs wanting to start and operate a new business in Singapore
- Personalized Employment Pass
- For high earning existing employment pass holders or overseas foreign professionals.
- Greater flexibility than employment pass.
(Skilled and semi-skilled workers):
- S Pass
- Mid-level skilled staff
- $2,300 a month and meet assessment criteria
- Work Permit for Foreign Worker
- Semi-skilled in construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sector.
- Work permit for foreign domestic worker
- For FDWs
- Work permit for confinement nanny
- Malaysian confinement nannies to work in SG for up to 16 weeks starting from the birth of the employers child.
- Work permit for performing artiste
- Foreign performers in public entertainment outlets
- Bars, hotels, nightclubs
(Trainees and students):
- Training employment pass
- Foreign professionals undergoing practical training
- $3,000/month minimum
- Work Holiday Pass (under Work Holiday Programme)
- Students and graduates aged 18-25
- Work and holiday in Singapore for 6 months.
- Work Holiday Pass (under Work and Holiday Visa Programme)
- Australian students and graduates aged 18-30
- Work and holiday in Singapore for 1 year
- Training Work Permit
- Semi-skilled foreign trainees or students undergoing practical training in SG for up to 6 months
- Dependant’s Pass
- For spouses and children of eligible Employment or S Pass Holders
- Long Term Visit Pass
- Parents, common-law spouses, step-children or handicapped children of Employment or S pass holders
- Pre-approved Letter of Consent
- Eligible spouses of Children of PRs holding LTVP
- Letter of Consent
- Eligible spouses or children of EP holders who hold a Dependant’s pass
- Allows holder to work in Singapore.
(Exceptions and working while on a visit pass)
- Miscellaneous Work Pass
- Foreigners taking short term work assignment for up to 60 days.
- Work Pass Exempt Activities
- Short term activities without a work pass
- Must notify the Ministry of Manpower
- Work pass exemption for foreign students
- Foreign students studying full-time at an approved school or institution in SG.
- Work passes for holders of LTVP issued by ICA
- Foreigners married to a Singaporean or PR, parents accompanying a child studying in SG
How to apply:
- Applicant must have a valid passport
- Applicant must be over 18 years of age.
- The applicant can only work under the scope of the work permit they obtain
- Submit a work visa application.
- Carefully select which type of work visa from the types listed above
- Prepare for the arrival of the visa
- Get work permit issued
- Register official photo and fingerprints
- Return old work permit and obtain a new work permit in Singapore.
Requirements for Entrepreneur Pass:
- Applicant must have at least a 30% share in the company
- A company must be a private limited company that is registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority.
- Must have good experience in business handling.
- Prior record of sustainable business under their leadership.
- The company founded by a business angel investor or Government venture capitalist.
- The innovator must have an intellectual property
- The person should collaborate with an A* star university for conducting research studies.
- Must have vast knowledge and expertise in their area; the field of interest should be related to the business being set up.
- Must have an excellent record of investing the businesses which grew in competitive markets.
Who can apply: Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How much: $35/pass when you submit, $35/pass when a pass is issued
How long: WIthin one week
- Duration of work permit is usually 2 years, can be shorter depending onL
- The validity of the worker’s passport: 1 month before the passport expires
- Duration of the security bond: 2 months before the bond expires
|Step||Details||Who does this||Result|
|Submit an application||Processing time: within one week
||Employer||In-principle approval or rejection letter|
|Prepare for worker’s arrival||Before the worker arrives:
|Employer||Security bond, insurance, etc.|
|Get permit issued||For Malaysian workers:
For non-Malaysian workers:
Changing to a new employer:
How to issue a permit:
|Register photo and fingerprints (if required)||Within one week after the pass is issued (if required):
If required by notification letter:
To the appointment, the worker must bring:
|Candidate||Acknowledgment of card delivery|
|Receive the card||4 days after registration:
If the delivery fails:
|Employer or authorized recipients||Work permit card|