Pursue Your Career Goals by Applying to Become a Singapore PR
Singapore offers a world of opportunity to those who choose to live and work there. A permanent residency (PR) offers an enormous array of long term benefits that work passes simply cannot. Not only does a Singapore PR free you from the burden of applying for a new work pass each time you change jobs, but it is also easier to obtain a housing or business loan in the future. At Helen Campos, we can help to make the process of applying for this permanent residency much easier, giving you the information and tools to make the experience a positive one.
How to become a Singapore PR through the PTS scheme
The Professional, Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers Scheme (PTS Scheme) is designed to provide individuals holding the Singapore Employment Pass, S Pass, EntrePass or PEP have an opportunity to become permanent residents. This scheme is ideal for working professionals in Singapore who are looking to extend their time in the city indefinitely whilst pursuing their career goals.
The program is designed to help retain workers who are contributing to the city’s economy and have the potential to become long term members of the city’s workforce. Workers applying for PR through this scheme need to have the following:
- Singapore Employment Pass, S Pass, EntrePass or PEP holder
- Must be working in Singapore at time of application
- Should only apply after at least 6 months of holding the work pass because you will need to submit the past 6 months’ salary slips.
The scheme also favors professional backgrounds, strong financial histories, and contributions made in Singapore communities through charity or family ties. Other considerations which may carry substantial weight include:
- Current professional vocation and employment history
- Current employer and its credentials
- Education background and qualification
- Salary and financial background
- Community/Charity involvement (Personal interests and pursuits)
- Income tax payment history
- Family ties in
How Helen Campos Can Help You Achieve Permanent Residency
Helen Campos will be able to determine the best course of action for you to become a Singapore PR. We are dedicated to improving Singapore’s economy through our advanced services which provide support to established entrepreneurs and promising young professionals looking to find their business or pursue their career goals in the city. To learn more about becoming a Singapore PR through the Professional, Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers Scheme, or to have someone assess your eligibility, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us by calling +65 6222 8880 or by using the online inquiry form.
Becoming a Singapore PR through the Global Investor Programme
Singapore ranks consistently as one of the world’s preferred destinations to live, work and play. Numerous studies worldwide on various metrics list Singapore as one of the top cities for business and immigration. For a comprehensive reading of Singapore’s international rankings, learn more here:
In view of this, for most individuals around the world, Singapore is often high on their list of choice destinations for permanent residence. If you are a high net worth investor or entrepreneur looking to obtain a Singapore Permanent Residence, one route for you would be the Global Investor Programme (GIP). Basically, the GIP is an investment scheme targeted at financially well off individuals who are looking to relocate to Singapore.
Investment Options Under the Global Investor Programme
The scheme requires an investment of at least SGD 2.5 million in one of the following options:
Investing in a new business or as a capital injection of an existing business to expand its operations. Investment criteria include the following:
A 3-year business/investment plan with employment and annual financial projections required.
The goals and targets of the plan must be met at the end of the 3-year period.
Invest in a GIP-approved fund that in-turn invests in Singapore-based companies. For more information of the list criteria for a GIP-approved fund please see https://www.contactsingapore.sg/investors_business_owners/invest_in_singapore/gip_funds/.
In addition to the investment capital, you are required to have to follow:
- Sufficient experience as an entrepreneur with at least a 3-year track record of running a business
- The annual turnover of your current business must meet the following criteria:
- If your business is in the real estate or construction-related industries, then a minimum annual turnover of SGD 200 million for the most recent year and at least SGD 200 million per annum average annual turnover for the past 3 years.
- If your business is in any other sector, then a minimum annual turnover of SGD 50 million for the most recent year and at least SGD 50 million average annual turnovers for the past 3 years.
- At least 30% shareholding of the company if privately owned
- Past 3 years audited financial statements of your company
- Permanent Residence for Dependents
The GIP scheme also allows you to apply for Permanent Residence for your family members. Your dependents must meet the following criteria:
- Children under 21 years of age
- Male dependents shall be required to serve National Service
- Children above 21 years of age are eligible to apply for the 5-year Long Term Social Visit Pass. This is a renewable visit pass and tied to the validity of your re-entry permit.
- Application Process
The application process may take 6-8 months. During that time, you will receive an invitation for an interview with the relevant officers. If approved, an Approval-In-Principle PR will be issued. This will remain valid for 6 months. All investment requirements must be concluded within this 6 months’ period. Once full documentary evidence is submitted to the authorities, the final Permanent Residence status will be approved.
Contact us today to learn more about this process
Interested in finding more about the Global Investor Programme? Contact us now on 6222 8880.