Facts About Country
Looking for a steadily top-rated country ranked among the best in the world in terms of quality of life, education, civil liberties, government transparency and economic freedom? Canada is not only a stable contender in all those categories, it is also diverse and rich in society, history and nature. For many it is a country that for years shaped the immigrant investor map.
Advantages of Citizenship
-G8 and NAFTA member.
-Unspoiled environment with strict environmental controls.
-World-class health care system, one of the best in the world.
-Excellent education system, one of the most respected in the world.
-Cultural, ethnic and religious tolerance entrenched in the Constitution.
-One of the safest countries to live in, offering a high quality of life.
-One of the most valued passports for international travel.
1) You must demonstrate proper business experience, as defined under the regulations. In essence, you must have previously managed or operated a qualified business for at least two out of five years preceding your application.
2) You and your spouse must have legally obtained a personal net worth of a minimum of CAD 2 million.
3) Your entire family must complete and pass Canada’s medical and security evaluations
4) You must invest CAD 1.2 million for a period of five years at no interest (0%) under one of the two available Immigrant Investor Programs. The investment is government-guaranteed and will be repaid in full at the end of the investment period.
5) You will also be assessed on age, language and education, experience, and time spent in Quebec on a points-based system.
Click here for a comparison chart of all the available countries:
Investors and their family members who have lived in Canada for three out of the four years (1,095 days) preceding the application, have adequate knowledge of English and/or French, have no criminal record, and have acquired knowledge of the rights and responsibilities of citizenship, as well as an understanding of Canada’s history, values, institutions and symbols are eligible to apply for citizenship.
Applicants choosing this option must invest a minimum of CA$1,200,000 in a government-guaranteed investment and hold it for a period of five years. At the end of this period, the guaranteed full amount is returned to the investor without accrued interest. The program provides for full investment or financing through authorized financial institutions. Arton Investments is such a financial institution duly recognized by the Immigration Authorities of Quebec (MIDI) and Investissement Quebec (IQ).
Under this option investors pay a reduced amount that is used to finance a CA$1,200,000 closed 62-month term loan from a chartered bank. This loan is initiated and repaid at no further cost and without additional guarantees from the applicant.
The selection procedure is similar under both the federal and Quebec programs, with the following distinction: applicants who want to establish themselves economically in the province of Quebec, have to obtain a Certificate of Selection of Quebec (CSQ) before applying for permanent residence to the Government of Canada, in which applicants and their dependents will be assessed on health and security grounds. Holders of a CSQ are required to reside in the province of Quebec.