Who can apply: Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How much: $35/pass when you submit, $35/pass when pass is issued
How long: WIthin one week
- Duration of work permit is usually 2 years, can be shorter depending onL
- Validity of the worker’s passport: 1 month before passport expires
- Duration of the security bond: 2 months before bond expires
||Who does this
|Submit an application
||Processing time: within one week
- Get written consent from foreign worker to apply for Work Permit.
- Log in to WP Online to fill app.
- Pay $35/app by VISA, Mastercard, etc.
- Check app. status after one week.
||In-principle approval or rejection letter
|Prepare for worker’s arrival
||Before worker arrives:
- Buy a security bond (for non-Malaysian workers)
- Buy medical insurance for worker.
- Send worker to registered doctor for a medical examination within 2 weeks.
- Print and complete the Security Bond form (found on MoM website).
||Security bond, insurance, etc.
|Get permit issued
||For Malaysian workers:
- Permit must be issued after entering Singapore, before the short-term visit pass expires, and before the due date stated on the approval letter.
For non-Malaysian workers:
- Permit must be issued within 14 after entering Singapore.
Changing to a new employer:
- Permit must be issued before the current Work Permit expires and before the due date on the approval letter.
How to issue a permit:
- Register worker’s details (address and mobile number) using OFWAS.
- Must wait at least an hour before logging into WP online to request to issue a Work Permit.
- Log into WP Online and request to issue a Work Permit.
- Provide delivery address for the Work Permit card.
- Nominate up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card (provide NRIC, FIN or passport num., with mobile number and e-mail for each recipient).
- Pay $35 for each Work Permit issued
- After issuance, print the notification letter.
- Notification letter is valid for 1 month
- Letter should be given to worker as it allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting.
- States if worker needs to report to MOM Services Centre – Hall C to register fingerprints and photo
|Register photo and fingerprints (if required)
||Within one week after pass is issued (if required):
If required by notification letter:
- The worker needs to register within 1 week of issuing the Work Permit.
- Employer must make the appointment for the worker.
To the appointment, worker must bring:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
- Documents listed in notification letter
||Acknowledgement of card delivery
|Receive the card
||4 days after registration:
- Work Permit Card will be delivered
- Authorised recipients will be notified via SMS or e-mail at least 1 day before delivery.
If delivery fails:
- You must collect the card at the service desk of MOM Services Centre – Hall C
- Employer or authorised recipient can collect the card 3 working days after second attempted delivery. No appointment necessary.
- Bring candidate’s original passport and notification letter for card collection.
- Authorised recipients must also bring their NRIC and authorisation letter form employer.
|Employer or authorised recipients
||Work permit card