Types of employment passes:
- Employment Pass
- Foreign professionals, managers, and executives.
- Candidates need to earn at least $3,600 a month and have acceptable qualifications.
- For foreign entrepreneurs wanting to start and operate a new business in Singapore
- Personalised Employment Pass
- For high earning existing employment pass holders or overseas foreign professionals.
- Greater flexibility than employment pass.
(Skilled and semi-skilled workers):
- S Pass
- Mid-level skilled staff
- $2,300 a month and meet assessment criteria
- Work Permit for Foreign Worker
- Semi-skilled in construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sector.
- Work permit for foreign domestic worker
- For FDWs
- Work permit for confinement nanny
- Malaysian confinement nannies to work in SG for up to the 16 weeks starting from the birth of the employer’s child.
- Work permit for performing artiste
- Foreign performers in public entertainment outlets
- Bars, hotels, nightclubs
(Trainees and students):
- Training employment pass
- Foreign professionals undergoing practical training
- $3,000/month minimum
- Work Holiday Pass (under Work Holiday Programme)
- Students and graduates aged 18-25
- Work and holiday in Singapore for 6 months.
- Work Holiday Pass (under Work and Holiday Visa Programme)
- Australian students and graduates aged 18-30
- Work and holiday in Singapore for 1 year
- Training Work Permit
- Semi-skilled foreign trainees or students undergoing practical training in SG for up to 6 months
- Dependant’s Pass
- For spouses and children of eligible Employment or S Pass Holders
- Long Term Visit Pass
- Parents, common-law spouses, step-children or handicapped children of Employment or S pass holders
- Pre-approved Letter of Consent
- Eligible spouses of Children of PRs holding LTVP
- Letter of Consent
- Eligible spouses or children of EP holders who hold a Dependant’s pass
- Allows holder to work in Singapore.
(Exceptions and working while on a visit pass):
- Miscellaneous Work Pass
- Foreigners taking short term work assignment up to 60 days.
- Work Pass Exempt Activities
- Short term activities without a work pass
- Must notify Ministry of Manpower
- Work pass exemption for foreign students
- Foreign students studying full-time at an approved school or institution in SG.
- Work passes for holders of LTVP issued by ICA
- Foreigners married to a Singaporean or PR, parents accompanying a child studying in SG
How to apply:
- Applicant must have a valid passport
- Applicant must be over 18 years of age.
- The applicant can only work under the scope of the work permit they obtain
- Submit a work visa application.
- Carefully select which type of work visa from the types listed above
- Prepare for arrival of the visa
- Get work permit issued
- Register official photo and fingerprints
- Return old work permit and obtain new work permit in Singapore.
Requirements for Entrepreneur Pass:
- Applicant must have at least a 30% share in the company
- Company must be a private limited company that is registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority.
- Must have good experience in business handling.
- Prior record of sustainable business under their leadership.
- Company funded by business angel investor or Government venture capitalist.
- The innovator must have an intellectual property
- The person should collaborate with an A* star university for conducting research studies.
- Must have vast knowledge and expertise in their area; field of interest should be related to business being set up.
- Must have excellent record of investing the businesses which grew in competitive markets.