Helen brings with her over 20 years of experience as a corporate lawyer, trusted consultant, chartered secretary and thought leader.
She was a Director on the board of the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SICCI), one of the country’s most respected business organisations.
She was also the Chairperson of the SME Centre @ SICCI, which is an advisory arm for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and an initiative by SPRING Singapore. In addition, she was the Chairman of the Women’s Indian Network @ SICCI (WIN).
At the same time, Helen acts as the Company Secretary for several foundations, charitable organizations, public-listed companies, and private limited companies across various industries.
Helen offers extensive legal knowledge across industries as well as the following areas of expertise:
- business set-up advisory
- business development assistance
- accounting and tax services/consultancy
- regulatory compliance
- corporate governance
- litigation on share ownership
- letters of agreements
She established HC Consultancy Pte Ltd (HCCS) in 2008 as a business advisory consultancy. HCCS seeks to complement MC Corporate Services (MCCS), one of Singapore’s top four corporate secretarial firms that Helen co-founded.
Since its inception in 2007 and under her leadership, the practice has earned the trust of over 1,000 clients including the Singapore International Arbitration Centre, The Old Parliament House Ltd, ACCA Singapore and Operation Smile Singapore.
Helen was a Partner in the Corporate and Securities as well as the Head of Corporate Secretarial practice of KhattarWong LLP, one of Singapore’s largest law firms.
Her wealth of experience and leadership are detailed as follows:
|Board Director||Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SICCI)||2014 – 2018|
|Chairperson||SME Centre @ SICCI||2014 – 2018|
|Chairperson,||Women’s Indian Network @ SICCI||2014 – 2018|
|Owner/ Founder||MC Corporate Services (MCCS)||2007 – Present|
|Managing Director||Eltici Corporate Services||2003 – 2006|
|Partner, Corporate and Securities||KhattarWong LLP||2000 – 2003|
|Head of Corporate Secretarial Practice||KhattarWong LLP||2000 – 2003|
|Lawyer||Rodyk & Davidson||1995 – 2000|
|Head of Share Registration||Deloitte & Touche||1990 – 1995|
|Manager, Corporate Secretarial||Deloitte & Touche||1990 – 1995|
- Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (SAICSA)
- Singapore Institute of Directors (SID)
- The Law Society of Singapore
- The Singapore Academy of Law
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Sits in the Audit Committee of the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
- Lecturer, Singapore Institute of Directors
- Invited speaker, Asian Business Forum, 2003
- Invited speaker at the Asian Business Forum, 2004
International Financial Law Review, 2002
Qualifications and Admission
- LL.B (Hons), London
- Barrister-at-Law, Middle Temple
- Admitted to the Bar of England and Wales, 1994
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar, 1995
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries (ICSA), UK & Singapore